Make your list and check it twice! There’s nothing worse than realizing you forgot to pick up a gift for someone. Don’t let this happen to you! Make a holiday shopping list now. My love language is all about giving gifts, so I feel so guilty when someone has been overlooked. To me, it’s the thought that counts. And if I actually forgot to think about someone, that makes me feel terrible.
Here’s a pretty lengthy list of people you may need to shop for and some gift suggestions. Gifts can quickly get out of control, so feel free to spend quality time or make something special for the people in your life. Even a thoughtful card goes a long way. It doesn’t have to be something you buy!
Holiday Shopping List
- Grandparents – My parents (my kids’ grandparents) love photos of the kids. They are happy to get anything that includes a picture of their grandkids. I love to make them a photo calendar with everyone’s birthdays already listed.
- Parents/In-Laws – My mom loves candles and is always appreciative of a one with a great scent that she may not splurge on for herself. She also appreciates luxurious lotion like Shea Moisture.
- Children – Toys are overtaking my life! I am trying to dial it back and implement something they want, need, wear and read. That helps keep things focused.
- Spouse – You know them best! What do they like? What do they need?
- Siblings – Perhaps a gift that is a throwback to your childhood together, like a fun game? This year, I’m giving my brother tickets to a concert we can go to together. Yeah, sibling bonding!
- Aunts/Uncles – Keep it simple. What do they like? Perhaps a restaurant gift card will put a smile on their face. If you want to splurge, a nice, snuggly blanket would be great.
- Nieces/Nephews – Definitely depends on their ages! My nieces are all about clothes! The boys are into games. I was watching the video for the Fat Brain Box and Balls. I can see them really loving it!
- Cousins – Baked goods! I have so many cousins- it’s out of control. We don’t all exchange gifts, but maybe a thoughtful gift for someone who’s expecting or has a new baby. Sophie is always a hit!
- Teachers – These people have such a tremendous impact on our kids. Make it thoughtful! My daughter has several teachers at daycare, so I’m trying to find a good balance of something they actually want that doesn’t break our budget. Gift cards, lunch or a thoughtful note are in the running. Maybe a well-planned basket.
- Friends – Lots of my friends have little ones around the same ages as my kids. Many would love an Energy = More Coffee Tee. A Ju Ju Be Be Quick Bag would also be a big hit with my lady friends!
- Bus Drivers – Like teachers, these people are responsible for safely transporting kids. Show your appreciation. It could even be something as simple as a warm coffee or hot chocolate on a cold day.
- Coaches – A sport-related gift, personalized water bottle, or gift card will surely be appreciated. This Austen notebook would be perfect for a dance teacher!
- Boss or co-workers – Hopefully, you have a great working relationship. Maybe you can find a gift that fits their interests or a gift card to a favorite lunch spot. Who doesn’t love treats?
- Babysitter – A holiday bonus or gift card to a movie might be nice.
- Mail carriers, trash crew – A little bit goes a long way. Do you know them personally or do they rotate? Adding a gift card for coffee or gas would surely brighten their day.
Wow. To be honest, I still have a LOT of shopping to do. Who are you shopping for this holiday season? Whoever is on your list, make sure their gift makes it there on time. Check out our holiday shipping cutoff calendar.