1. They are easy. This is about as easy as cloth diapering can get. It is like using disposables only you never have to run to the store or worry about running out. You are just a load of laundry away from having all the diapers you need. They can be put on even a squirmy baby in a flash..
2. They are cute. bumGenius diapers make little baby bums all rounded and smooth and pastel or bright.
3. They fit under all baby clothes. It seems today that most baby clothes are made with the expectation of slim, trim disposable diapers. Bulky diapers can make some baby clothing styles difficult to use. Baby jeans need little baby behinds, just because of how they are usually shaped. Little baby skorts too, seem to fit better with trimmer diapers. Sure you can skip these styles if you need to. But I don’t have to plan my baby’s wardrobe around how big her behind is when she has on a bumGenius. They’re nice and trim!
4. They are modern. These are not your grandma’s diapers. These bumGenius are high tech with their super absorbent inserts and liner that keeps baby dry. These are the diapers that change people’s minds about what it means to cloth diaper. So don’t be afraid to let them show a bit!
5. They can roll up after use. There are times when I forget a wet bag or can’t reach if for some reason. The way these diapers can roll up into their own tight little package after use is really handy.
6. That little flap that covers the insert is great for catching that up-the-back-power-squirt of poo that little ones can produce. If you have ever changed a diaper where there was more poo on the outside than there was on the inside, you know exactly what I mean.
7. They fit easily into a diaper bag and are a great all-purpose travel solution. They are compact and make changing a diaper on the go a breeze.
8. They were designed by a mom. I feel a sense of pride and camaraderie using something that was made by a mom who was struggling in the trenches just like I do every day. She dealt with the same issues and successes on a daily basis.
9. Those stretchy tabs are fabulous! I can get a good tight fit that never droops. I hate plumber butt on babies. Well, I’m not a fan of it on anyone.
10. They are backed by Cotton Babies customer service. Our team is willing to troubleshoot and help with any problem your diapering system presents. Worried or having a problem with your diapers? Give them a call at 1-314-892-1855. They are very responsive.
Don’t know if you’ll see new comments on an old post but…
I’m wondering about the logevity of the bumGenius 3.0 vs. the Blueberry one-size. Basically because of the velcro vs. snaps issue.
Any experience with the Blueberries?
Kamille (and others wih overnight leak problems),
I’ve had the same trouble with bumGenius overnight, so I tend to use a prefold with a cover (I really love Thirsties covers)for overnight or for longer car rides. I have never had a leak with the prefold/cover system. But I still use bumGenius often because they’re so cute and easy!
Have you tried adding a hemp insert? Bum Genius makes one, but I like the Joey Bunz version better. We started using one and our daughter, who hates feeling wet, could suddenly sleep twice as long. It’s REALLY a worthwhile inverstment.
I have a question for you about bumgenius 3.0 pocket diapers. I hear from the cloth diapering community how they feel like disposables are more prone to leakage. However, when I have put my daughter in her bumgenius overnight, she would always wake up wet. She wouldn’t with the disposable. I use a regular insert along with the newborn insert. She is now 31 lbs, but even months before this she would leak. What are your thoughts about keeping a baby in cloth overnight without leakage?
The back elastic is GREAT. The greatest thing since the lightbulb. I feel so sorry for people with babies in blown out disposables, b/c they have no idea how superior the BGs are for keeping the poop in!! It’s a perfect fit every time too.
How many BG one-size diapers do you recommend? I am already sold on them and don’t want to have to place another order – looking forward to hearing from others who exclusively cloth diaper as to how many is ideal.
I totally agree. bumGenius has got to be hands down the best cloth diaper out there! There are so many but this one just works! I was amazed myself that they don’t even stain. I jokingly tell my husband we need to have more kids so I can use these diapers!!
I just had to say that I agree in every way. I just started cloth diapering (unfortunatly) and I was scared of what I was getting myself into. We have made it through the first few days and I couldnt be happier! The only downside is the cost upfront. I know it will pay off in the long run though!
They come in such pretty colors- I know, silly, but nonetheless! They don’t leave a mark on my baby’s waist like other brands do.
I’m completely obsessed with them too!! 🙂 They are probably the best choice I’ve made for my daughter, along with breastfeeding and babywearing! My husband caught on immediately; he even stuffs the inserts himself! Yay Bumgenius!
They are my favorite too!
I don’t have any kids yet. . . but once I do, I plan to cloth diaper and have really enjoyed the cotton babies website. also thrilled to see you’ve started the blog— that’s a great small business move!
~ They are “husband proof” – if all stuffed, there are no issues!
~ They come w/ the Infant Insert which is a great spit up cloth.
~ They getting you attention – many Mom’s have talked to me b/c they see me changing Reese!