bumGenius 5.0 and 4.0 Comparison
October 25, 2015 4:34 pm
We just released the bumGenius 5.0, which is our best-fitting pocket diaper ever! The original pocket design was first created in 2005 and it put bumGenius on the map as one of the best-selling cloth diapers in the world. bumGenius 4.0 has since become one of the most popular cloth diapers, and it just got even better with the 5.0.
What’s new with the bumGenius 5.0?
- Updated stay-dry inner fabric
- The suedecloth stretches so you can get a better fit. This allows for generous sizing, and gives parents more options when it comes to day and night cloth diapering, light or heavy wetters, and small or bigger babies.
- New elastic
- BG 5.0s now feature proprietary elastic made exclusively for cloth diapers, which means it is more durable and will not break down as easily. This new elastic will be transitioned into all Cotton Babies’ products.
- Redesigned pocket
- With a new design, the updated pocket provides a trimmer fit across your baby’s back. There’s now less bulk.
- Three new solids
- We’ve added three new solids to our color family, including Jelly, Kiss and Pepper.
- Kiss is a sun-kissed coral.
- Jelly is a purple jewel tone
- Pepper is a true red
What’s the same as the 4.0?
- The overall look. The 5.0 closely resembles the 4.0. There are no significant changes to the diaper’s appearance.
- Waterproof outer cover.
- 3×3 snap down design adjusts the sizing to fit small, medium and large sizes (approximately 7-35+ pounds)
- Trim, snug and comfortable stretchy tabs/butterfly closure system to provide a custom fit
- Pocket accommodates inserts for customized absorbency. bumGenius 5.0s are still bundled with a newborn and one-size stay-dry insert.
We were so excited to release the bumGenius 5.0, and we think you guys will really like the new design. For additional questions or assistance, please give us a call at 314-892-1855.
Awesome changes! Q: will the elastic be as easy to replace on the new 5.0s as on the 4.0s if the need ever arises?
Hi Marthe! The elastic is easy accessible — just like it is in the 4.0s.