Cloth 101: How to Sanitize Your Cloth Diapers
May 26, 2014 11:24 am
Is there a lingering odor in your diapers? Has your baby recently had a rash or yeast infection?
If you answered yes to either of these questions, it may be time need to sanitize your diapers.
So, how exactly do you sanitize bumGenius, Flip or Econobum diapers? Easy! Simply add 1/4 cup of regular liquid chlorine bleach to your wash load once a month!
Now, there are a few things to remember when using bleach with cloth diapers:
- DO NOT add more than 1/4 cup
- DO NOT use bleach more frequently than once per month
- DO put the bleach in your wash machines bleach dispenser. If your machine does not have one, let it fill up with water first, then add the bleach.
- Bleach will not harm your cloth diapers or the PUL. The amount of bleach we recommend is very small after it is diluted by the water from your wash machine.
- Bleach is the only way to completely remove yeast from cloth diapers
- Never soak your diapers
- Bleach can also help remove stains
- ALWAYS add an extra rinse to your wash load after using bleach
If you do not want to use bleach to sanitize your diapers, you can always try sunning!
For additional laundry tips and questions, give us a call at 1-314-892-1855.
Comments are closed here.