Summer is here, so let’s hurry and pack our bags and head out for the weekend! Wait, let’s make sure we have the necessities before we hit the road.
Cloth diapers.. cloth diapers.. Bueller?
When it comes to vacation and traveling with cloth diapers, it can be easier said than done. But with these helpful tips, you can take your cloth diapers anywhere and leave the worries behind!
1. Pack a bumGenius Wetbag or two. This is essential! You will be able to store 3-5 soiled diapers in your wet bag. NEVER use plastic grocery bags. I’ve heard stories about people keeping used cloth diapers in plastic grocery bags that are later mistaken for trash and get thrown out. Don’t lose part of your stash to something that can be avoided. You can even tote diapers and wet clothes in a bumGenius Pail Liner if you need something larger than a wet bag.
2. Flip One-Size Diaper Covers and Flip Disposable Inserts make cloth diapering convenient. Flip Disposable Inserts give parents more options when it comes to using cloth diapers on the go. You can simply discard soiled Flip Disposable Inserts and replace your Flip cover with a new one. You never have to worry about laundry or having enough clean diapers on hand. And, in case you are worried about using anything disposable, Flip Disposable Inserts are free of harmful substances.
3. Plan for a laundry day. If you know you will be away from home for more than a few days, locate the nearest laundry facility. Pack your detergent and make plans to wash your cloth diapers. bumGenius Laundry detergent is available in pre-measured packs so you can pack just enough to do a few loads of laundry.
4. Ship items ahead. Save some room in your suitcase and send any item from Cotton Babies to your destination. You can also send items to a hotel. Just be sure to alert the front desk.
5. bumGenius 4.0 covers without inserts double as swim diapers. Read more here.
6. Don’t stress. Going anywhere with a little one takes some planning, but try not to get too consumed with cloth diapers that you miss what’s going on right in front of you.
7. When you return home after your vacation, don’t forget to bring in your wet bags and dirty cloth diapers. It’s not fun when you find a dirty cloth diaper in your backseat after you’ve been wondering what that weird odor was for weeks.
Short and to the point. When I talk to others who cloth diaper traveling with cloth diapers is always their biggest fear (and some revert back to disposable)…
Muchos Gracias for your blog post. ebkdeeeacabgefed