Raise your hand if you have a child who’s a “heavy wetter.” And by heavy wetter, I mean a kid who just seems to pee through any and everything. Alright, I can’t actually see if you’re raising your hand, but if you have a little one who is (literally) a super soaker, help is on the way!
Every child is different, and .. well, so are their bodily functions. Some moms will never deal with a heavy wetter while others will get used to the frequent bed sheet/clothes/diaper-changing routine.
There are a few different ways you can keep your baby dry — all the time! The first: Make sure your baby’s cloth diaper fits well. Read more here. The other: Add extra absorbency, and natural fibers are the solution. Hemp Babies provides ultimate absorbency (8 times more than cotton), and is what we recommend for heavy wetters.
Types of Hemp Inserts
- Hemp Babies Little Weeds are ideal inside for use in one-size cloth diapers on a small rise setting. This could be a pocket style like bumGenius 4.0 or an all-in-one system such as bumGenius Freetime. Little Weeds feature two layers of hemp to ensure that your diapers wash clean easily and dry quickly. This small insert is specifically designed to fold in half for less bulk and four layers of absorbency, making it perfect for smaller cloth diapers.
- Hemp Babies Bigger Weeds are similar to Little Weeds, but specifically designed to be used as an insert in a medium or large diaper or rise setting. Hemp Babies Bigger Weeds fold in thirds for six layers of hemp absorbency.
- Hemp Babies Diaper Doublers are a preshaped insert that is available in two sizes – small or large. Since these are not folded, they are a trimmer choice than the other Hemp Babies inserts. The size and shape of the Hemp Babies Diaper Doublers make them ideal for use with a prefold, all-in-two, or hybrid style of diaper.
First things first, to use hemp, you need to prep your inserts. Wash 5-7 times in hot water, drying between each cycle. Doing so will allow your inserts to become fully absorbent and remove any oils, wax, etc. When prepping natural fibers, you will ONLY want to wash with like items, as any residue could create build up in synthetic materials and repel moisture (aka leaks). Once natural fibers are fully prepped, you can wash with other diapers.
Hemp can be folded to fit a variety of cloth diaper covers or pocket diapers. With hemp, you can double up, meaning you use the insert with another, or you can use natural fibers individually.
- Since the Freetime is an all-in-one style diaper, lay the hemp insert UNDER the semi-attached flaps. The same goes for bumGenius Elementals, too.
- With bumGenius 4.0, stuff the hemp insert in the pocket. As mentioned above, you can double up or use hemp by itself.
- For Flip and Econobum, fold your insert and lay it in the diaper.
With hemp, remember, less bulk makes for a happier (lighter) baby. More absorbency keeps that baby dry longer. For any additional questions, give us a call at 1-314-892-1855.