After having my first baby, I learned a lot of things – like what baby products worked and what I wish I would have registered for. With my second baby now on the way, I’m shopping for products that are functional, long lasting and don’t take up a ton of space. Less is more this time around! Here’s my ideal baby registry, including a few of the products I wish I would have registered for with my first!
1. Quality Newborn Sleepers – I bought so many sleepers with my first, but I failed to buy any in a newborn size. Silly, I know, but I just assumed that size 0-3 months would work for my little bundle of joy. I quickly found out they were just a few sizes too large for my 7lb baby and my husband was out buying a few newborn pieces just days after we left the hospital. So this time around, I’m prepared with some quality organic cotton sleepers. The ones from Primary.com are a favorite! Priced nicely too.
2. Bath Tub that’s Functional! – I had a basic baby bathtub with my first. It totally worked, but he was forever sliding around in it, which always made me nervous. It was big, bulky and took up a large part of our bathroom. This time around I ordered the PUJ tub to suit our needs a little more. It’s functional, compact and perfect for small babies. The material is exceptional and I was totally sold on the fact that you can hang it on the back of a door when done! Total win! You can purchase your PUJ tub right here at Cotton Babies.
3. Bottles that Attach to Your Pump – I purchased a few bottles with my first, but none that actually were universal and would attach to a breast pump. This wasn’t a huge ordeal, but being able to pump into just one bottle is pretty handy. Less mess and less bottles to wash!
4. Functional High Chair – I went through two high chairs with my first baby. The first highchair was bulky, tight on his chunky thighs and a pain to clean. The second was one from Ikea that was inexpensive and did the job okay. This time around I will buy a high chair that can last from the first feeding stages to actually sitting at the dinner table. Yes, they are a little costly, but well worth the investment!
5. Baby Shoes that Actually Work – I always kept socks on my little guy and he was forever losing them so when he was around 4 months old, I invested in a pair of Freshly Picked Baby Moccs and my goodness were they one of my most favorite things ever. Not only were they adorable on his little feet, but they stayed on, were soft-soled and lasted FOREVER. They also made for a super cute little keepsake as well, but I definitely wished I would have put these on my baby registry. They are perfect for little baby feet!
6. Baby Book – A baby book wasn’t something I thought about registering for but of course it was a must! With this next baby I ordered a baby journal from Promptly Journals. These amazing little journals are made to go from pregnancy until your sweet babe is 18 years old… pretty awesome!
7. Convertible Car Seat – I registered for just an infant carrier the first time around, but I should have put a convertible car seat on the baby registry, as the infant carrier wasn’t used for long with my little guy. I encourage you to do your car seat homework before you register. I wish I would have shopped around and maybe thought more about which car seat would have worked best for us.
8. Natural Pacifier – Natursutten pacifiers are perfect for babies. They are all in one, so no cracks, plastic pieces, etc. and are made from 100% natural rubber. These pacifiers are easy to clean and designed to keep bacteria out. They are a must!
9. Two-In-One Swing – I registered for it all with my first, a bouncer, swing, we had so many baby products around the house and really ended up only using the swing. I wish I would have registered for a swing like this one from Nuna. It’s compact, perfect for playing and sleeping and even feeding. I’ll be purchasing something like this with my next baby!
10. Baby Carrier – My first was over the age of one when I first invested in an Ergobaby Carrier. I was getting ready to fly for the first time with him and I didn’t want to bother with getting a stroller through the airport. After using it on that trip, I was sold! From there on out, I used it in the grocery store (yay for extra room in the cart!), on walks, trips and even around the house! It’s hands down become one of my most favorite baby products and I plan to use it again with my second.
11. Breast Pump – I didn’t bother to even register for a pump the first time around. I had just figured that I’d always be around so there wasn’t really a need for one. WRONG. About two weeks after coming home from the hospital I was so full of milk that I wasn’t getting much relief, even after feedings. I ended up having to send my husband to target to buy a breast pump. Luckily, he’s a champ and totally picked out a great pump. From there on out, I used it at least twice a week. Pumping isn’t for everyone, but my goodness are they handy! I used mine throughout the first year routinely and totally wished I would have just registered for it from the start!
12. Functional Stroller – I can’t express enough how important a FUNCTIONAL stroller is. I consider stroller shopping to be much like car shopping, so before you just register for any stroller, test them out and really think about it. Will this fit in my car? Is it super bulky? Can I use it for another baby? Will my little one be comfortable in it? Will it push in grass? Ask yourself everything! I tended to like the more compact strollers with my little guy, like this Mountain Buggy Nano Travel Stroller, because we do a lot of traveling.
13. CLOTH DIAPERS!! – Why, oh why, did I never ever considered cloth diapering from the start? I have no idea.. but I do know that it is something that I wish I would have researched more about, considered and most importantly, registered for. I started cloth diapering my first around the age of six months and it forever changed me. The amount of money I started saving was insane and I felt good about doing something proactive for our environment. bumGenius were and still are my go-to for cloth diapering, so get these on your baby registry! They are a must!
14. Fridababy Products – Fridababy products will make your life 20x easier. I used the nose sucker when my first was a baby and still do to this day! I went ahead and invested in the bundle of products for my second baby and can’t wait to try them out. Nose suckers, nail clippers, etc. are usually the smaller items we don’t usually think much about when it comes to registering for, but we should – or at least I know I should have! Quality in these products is just as important as the others!
15. Ubbi Diaper Pail – THE BEST DIAPER PAIL EVER! It NEVER smells, takes regular kitchen trash bags and is even cloth diaper friendly (you will want to purchase the cloth diaper pail liners for it). It’s well worth the investment and will save you so much money in the long run.
What’s your ideal baby registry? Share some things you wished you would have registered for or plan to register for? Remember that you can create your online Cotton Babies Registry right here on our site! Click HERE to get started!
Comments are closed here.