Top 20 Non-Candy Halloween Treats
October 4, 2017 1:12 pm
Halloween usually translates into sugar overload. My daughter’s school has an annual Trunk or Treat. Rather than hand out more candy, I opt to give out pretzels. They’re still not healthy, but they’re slightly better off in my mind. Here’s a list of non-candy Halloween treats. My daughter has received most of these, and we were all pretty happy with them!
- Bubbles – Always a hit
- Stickers – Find some fun Halloween stickers
- Pencils – Great for older kids, too
- Crayons or Markers – We could always use more
- Fruit snacks/fruit leather/raisins – Healthier option, but still sweet
- Animal crackers/Goldfish crackers – Great for snacks on the go
- Reusable cups – Cute and functional
- Juice box/milk box – Great for Halloween parties
- Applesauce pouch – You can even get unsweetened
- Erasers – Fun to play with
- Glow sticks – Perfect for Halloween night
- Small toys like airplanes, squishy eyeballs, bouncy balls or cars – Kids love this stuff
- Playdoh – Great non-food alternative
- Pirate’s Booty – Aye, matey!
- Mini flashlights – For safe Trick or Treating
- Spider rings – Spooky and fun
- Temporary tattoos – So many designs
- Mini bottled water with Halloween label – Wash the rest of the candy down
- Cheerios/teething sticks for little ones – Definitely nice for younger siblings
- Mini notebooks – Kids love doodling
Other Non-Candy Ideas
Think comparable to what you would find in an Easter egg. Avoid items containing common allergens like nuts so all the kids can enjoy their treat.
What else would you suggest for parents who want to hand out non-candy Halloween treats?
Comments are closed here.