The holidays are by far my favorite time of year. I love all the baking, crafting, and gathering that it brings. With the holidays, there’s gifts. And what better way to show your appreciation for someone you love than with something handmade. DIY Salt Dough Ornaments are not only a perfect keepsake, but a great little present. As always, if you don’t have the time to create a unique gift at home, a Cotton Babies gift certificate is a thoughtful solution.
Here’s What You Will Need:
4c. All Purpose Flower
1 1/2c. Warm Water (gradually added, as needed)
– Preheat oven to 325 degrees fahrenheit.
– Whisk together flour and salt in a large mixing bowl until the mixture is well combined.
– Gradually add water to mixture, while stirring with a large fork. Finish kneading dough with hands a place dough on a floured surface.
– Roll dough out, until its is about 1/8 of an inch thick.
– Using a bowl, butter knife, or cookie cutters cut out a circle shape (big enough to place your child’s handprint on).
– Place the cutouts on your cookie sheet and press your child’s hand gently on the dough. Using a straw or toothpick cut a small hole out of the top of the ornament to thread string through.
– Bake at 325 degrees fahrenheit until hard, about 1 hour or so. Let cool. Decorate with paint or glitter, thread string through hole and hang on tree!