With all the hustle and bustle during the holidays, who has time to slave in the kitchen, crafting the perfect dish?
In my family, quick and easy recipes are our go-to, and one of our favorites is cranberry jello! It’s an old family recipe that I learned to make when I was a little girl and now I bring it to all our holiday get togethers! Here’s what you need:
- The larger box of Strawberry Jello
- Can of crushed pineapple
- Can of Ocean Spray Whole Berry Cranberry Sauce
- At least 16oz Frozen Strawberries
- Crushed Pecans or Walnuts optional
1) Take 2 cups of boiling water and dissolve the jello.
2) Spoon out the cranberry sauce and stir it apart in the hot water.
3) Add the can of pineapple and thawed strawberries with the juices. This is when you put in the walnuts/pecans if you prefer.
4) Pour it into a pretty bowl or mold and let it sit overnight to let it set.
Cranberry jello is always a hit when I take it to a non-family gathering as well. It takes just minutes to make and I usually do so the night before.
Also, if you have to be mindful of any dietary restrictions, the ingredients are easy to swap.
I hope you enjoy this recipe — and don’t tell my family I let the secret recipe out! 😉