Kids. They’re fun. But also a handful at times. Since I’ve been a mom, there have been a few instances that TRULY defined what it meant to have kids. From bathroom retreats to spilled Cheerios in your backseat, you know you have kids when..?
You know you have kids when…
- Going to the movies means a Redbox and pint of ice cream.
- You can’t remember the last time you went to the bathroom without someone sitting on your lap or crying outside the locked door.
- You feel obligated to tip the guys at Waterway $100 because you know how dirty your backseat was.
- You also feel obligated to tip the busboy the entire bill, because your kids ordered fried rice and 75% ended up on the floor.
- Your fridge, laundry room and walls are covered with artwork and when you finally do throw it away, you meticulously hide it in fear of them discovering it in the trashcan.
- High heels? What are high heels? Hello, Costco boots!
- You still haven’t caught up with laundry since the first time you brought your baby home from the hospital.
- You are eternally grateful for every home meal you didn’t have to cook.
- A daily nap for yourself is mandatory. Especially with this.
- You don’t have one pic on your phone that is something other than your children.
- You don’t think twice about packing a juice box and carrot sticks in your husband’s lunch.
- You say the words “mommy,” “potty,” and “binkie” while talking with friends.
- Dressing sexy means anything without an elastic waistband.
- All of your lipsticks have been decapitated.
- Your choice in restaurant is highly swayed by the option of an indoor play place.
- Walking around the store alone feels like paradise.
Can you relate? What are some of your “You know you have kids” moments?