On Thursday morning at 6am, a crowd of cloth diapering parents and their babies (wearing cloth diapers of course) is going to convene on Rockefeller Plaza with the goal of making cloth diapers talked about in every living room across America.
The cloth diaper movement has always been fueled by moms, bloggers, tweeters and responsible parents everywhere.Cloth diaper companies can’t hold a candle to the advertising budgets of the disposable giants, but we do know something about viral marketing and about how to get a culture talking about using cloth diapers and being responsible with their child’s future.
Last week, the Today Show ran a short segment about the new disposable diapers that look like cloth diapers have looked for years. Since the Today Show is interested in diapers, we thought they should see the cloth diapers that inspired the disposable diapers they talked about last week. We need your help to get this done right!
Every morning, The Today Show runs short crowd segments outside their studios.On Thursday, I’ll be taking small team from Cotton Babies to New York. We plan to hang out at the front of that crowd from 6am to 11am with signs about cloth diapering and our babies wearing only bumGenius cloth diapers. We would love to have you there!
- Meet at the corner of 49th and Rockefeller Plaza.
- We will be there from 6am to 11am. Come as early as you can. If you can be there at 6am to help secure spots in front, that would be wonderful!
- Look for two girls wearing babies and bright orange shirts that say “bumFlip’nGenius” on the front.
- We will have your diapers and tshirts.
- Dress your baby in a visible cloth diaper.If it is cooler in the morning, we suggest babyLegs and a cute shirt over the legs and tummy.
- The high on Thursday is only 86. Don’t forget sunscreen and a hat though!
- Bring a hand-made sign that says somethingpositive about cloth diapers.
- We will have some signs there if you don’t have time… but handmade sigsn are better than my printed signs!
- I don’t have a way to provide you with water, so please don’t forget a water bottle.
If your baby is wearing bumGenius while you are there, you’ll get a FREE bumGenius diaper to take home!You’ll also get a FREE bumGenius tshirt.
(free product offer is good while supplies last)
Please spread the word to your followers, friends and family. Thanks everyone for your support. Let’s get our babies bums on national television and show a world of other parents that they have options when choosing diapers for their baby! I can’t wait to see you there!
P.S. If you aren’t able to come, you can participate by taking a photo of your baby watching The Today Show that morning and post it on their Facebook page here: http://www.facebook.com/todayshow