At Cotton Babies, we believe that there are no dumb questions. Sometimes it is difficult if you are new to cloth diapers to understand exactly how our bumGenius, Flip, Econobum and Elemental Joy cloth diapers and covers can fit a growing baby from birth through potty training.
Each of our one size cloth diapers have three rows of snaps, three snaps in each row. This 3×3 snap down design gives each diaper a small, medium and large size setting. We have some weight guidelines to help you know which size should fit your little one.
- To use the small rise setting, snap the rise snaps to the top of the three rows of snaps. This small size setting is used from approximately 8 to 16 pounds.
- To use the medium rise setting, snap the rise snaps to the middle of the three rows of snaps. This medium size setting is used from approximately 17 to 22 pounds.
- To use the large rise setting, unsnap the rise snaps to expose all three rows of snaps. This large size setting is used from approximately 23 to 40 pounds.
The one-size insert included with your bumGenius 4.0 or 5.0 cloth diapers also has three settings that correlate with your rise settings.
- When using the smallest rise setting, snap the insert to the snap closest to the center of the insert before stuffing it into your pocket diaper.
- For the medium rise setting, snap into the snap closest to the outer edge of the insert.
- For the large rise setting, use the one-size insert fully unsnapped and flat inside the pocket of the diaper.
If you are experiencing leaks, you may need to go down a rise setting. This sometimes happens once babies become mobile (i.e. learning to crawl or walk) and slim down a bit.
If you are adding several extra inserts or doublers to your pocket style diapers for nap time or overnight and are experiencing leaks only during these times, try going up a rise setting. Adding extra inserts to your pocket style diapers changes the fit of the diaper and sometimes the rise setting needs to be adjusted to allow for the extra bulk.
As your baby grows and changes, it is common to have to decrease your waist setting (especially for snaps) when you increase your rise setting to get a great fit.
The Cotton Babies customer service team is always glad to assist you in getting the right fit for your one-size cloth diapers on your little one. For a personalized fit troubleshooting session, please e-mail us at email@example.com. We’ll ask a few questions about your baby to give you personalized suggestions for your cloth diapers.