Real Mom Talk: Bunny Snacks!
March 30, 2015 8:18 pm
With Easter right around the corner, I wanted to share a fun and easy snack mix recipe perfect for anytime of the year! We are big snack/trail mix eaters around here and this little snack is fun to make and delicious to eat. Not to mention it’s quite a handy little snack for the busy parent. I will usually make a large batch and store some for later! Here’s how to make this fun Easter-inspired snack mix!
- 6c. Plain Chex Mix
- 2c. Pretzels
- 2c. Annie’s Homegrown Cheddar Bunnies (you can find these in most grocery stores)
- 1c. Nuts (I chose pepitas!) Note – Skip the nuts if your child has an allergy
- 2c. Dried Fruit (cranberries are our favorite!)
- 1 stick of organic butter
- 1tbs. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 clove fresh chopped garlic.
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
- In a sauce pan over low/medium heat melt butter, add worcestershire sauce and chopped garlic. Stir well and set aside.
- In a large bowl combine all of the dry ingredients (except dried fruit) and mix well.
- Pour melted mixture over your dry ingredients, stir well to be sure all the mix is evenly coated.
- Spread mix out on a lightly greased baking sheet and bake for 1 hour. Be sure to stir the mix frequently, every 15 minutes or so, so it is evenly cooked.
- Let cool, add dried fruit and serve!
Comments are closed here.